toth + fay was strategically formed and built by a very well-refined, formulated business methodology that’s been both well-researched and studied.
Two heads are better than one. (Duh.)
Seriously, yins and y’all – that’s it.
Quite seriously though – running your own business is one of the loneliest experiences that no one ever talks about. You’re the beginning of the line – and the end of the line. You’re visionary – decision maker. You’re sales, operations, IT, doer-of-the-work, and then Accounts Payable.
So, when we teamed up on a couple small projects – it felt like a vacation. You mean it’s not just me? You mean there’s someone else in all this? Yes. < insert sign of relief. >
When we teamed up, not only did our wild, weird, wonderful personalities team up – but our respective plays did, too.
Julia is all about:
- Making people feel cool, calm and collected; taken care of and comfortable
- Setting people up to be themselves in front of the camera
- Seeing the bigger picture – and the details (all at the same time)
- Understanding how the visual can support the copy – and vice versa
Meg is all about:
- Thinking through how we can tell this story distinctly different
- Asking real questions that lovingly dig into who someone is, what they care about, and why
- Seeing the untapped potential and possible strategy for someone
- Understanding how the copy can support the visual – and vice versa
So, where do we align? Easy.
- We laugh at ourselves constantly.
- We laugh at each other constantly.
- We use paper calendars, pens, and pencils – as well as high-tech technology.
- We’re in constant communication via email, text, SLACK, and walkie talkies.
- We’re both 7s on the Enneagram which means we’re both natural enthusiasts – busy, playful, optimstic, versatile and scattered adventurers.
Most importantly though? We both see possibility in and for absolutely every human we’ve ever worked with. Nothing else really, truly matters to us.
FUN FACT: The picture above was taken by Jack Brayboy, former news producer and anchor with WPVI-TV in Philadelphia and WSOC-TV in Charlotte. He’s interviewed everyone from Reverend Billy Graham to Mike Tyson.