Each brand deserves its own voice. Finding a brand’s voice can be tricky – and daunting.
So, here are five fun and easy steps to start shaping that voice.
- Make a list of the 10-12 special, keywords or phrases that just sum up the brand.
- Shape each word into a sentence that’s uniquely your brand. Think about whether the sentences are short or long; fun and casual; professional, sharp, or crisp; whimsical, creative, dreamy. (Totally stuck? Think about what you like to read – what’s the style or vibe of the words and sentence structures?)
- Share them with your team – and get their thoughts as well as their keywords and sentences.
- Think about what keywords and sentence vibes overlap. What’s consistent about everyone’s keywords and sentences? Or how can you help someone rethink or re-shape their keywords or sentences to better fit the brand?
- Make sure everyone on your team – whether they’re client facing or not – has a list of 8-10 keywords and phrases, and why or how they matter to the brand. Give specific examples of how someone can use them as a power-play for the brand.